This recipe came from a cute website called VegWeb. It has a different taste than other gravies I have had, but in a good way. It has a sort of tang to it that goes wonderfully with stuffing and mashed potatoes. Everyone in my family liked it, and happily dumped it on just about everything except for the pile of barcequed ribs that they were feasting on.
And the best part about this recipe is that it is easy!
In a pot on medium heat, add:
- 2 cups of vegetable broth
- a dash of onion powder
- a few dashes of garlic powder
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast (optional, but I would recommend it)
- a few generous dashes of soy sauce
- a small squeeze of mustard (I used spicy mustard rather than yellow)
- 1/3 cup of flour
- 1 tbsp Earth Balance
- freshly cracked black pepper