Sunday, September 16, 2012

Day 15

The menu for the first day of week three is:

Breakfast:
Peppery Raspberry Pancakes (recipe)
Watermelon and Supergreens Breakfast Smoothie (recipe)

Lunch:
Black Bean Chipotle Burger (recipe)

Dinner:
Green salad with Creamy Chipotle Dressing (recipe)
Israeli Couscous with Carrots, Peas, and Red Wine Vinegar (recipe)
Portobello Fajitas (recipe)
Mango Lime Sorbet (recipe)

Yesterday I was busy enough that I didn't have time to make my fajitas or sorbet, so I am rearranging the meal plan so that is on for tonight instead of the couscous (which doesn't really sounds all that appetizing). Last night at my friend Jessica's house we ate warm bread with herb oil, a mixed green salad, a cold black bean and cilantro salad, and some vegan oreo ice cream. What a feast it was! I am really surprised by how good the soy ice cream was--tasted about the same as a quart of regular old Breyers would. Not quite Bruster's quality, but hey, I can dig it.

Stay tuned for some more delicious, hearty recipes later this afternoon!

No comments:

Post a Comment