Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Day 3

The menu for today is:

Breakfast:
Citrus and Sage Oatmeal (recipe)
Multigrain Toast
Orange Slices

Lunch:
Balsamic Zucchini Sandwich (recipe)
Artichoke Heart and Tomato Salad (recipe)

Dinner:
Red Beans and Rice with Collard Greens (recipe)
Bananas in Berries Artesia (recipe)

I am very, very excited about this last recipe, the Berry Artesia. Supposedly it is a dessert from New Orleans. If you know me at all, then you know I am all about dessert!

I do have some self control though. Carla was so sweet yesterday and brought home a cookie cake for us all. I'm sure it had milk, eggs, and butter galor. Alas, I could not partake. I told Carla that I'd have to appreciate it with my heart, not my stomach.


Sweet, beautiful cookie cake...

So yes, I am very excited to have a vegan dessert. I have watched the show Cupcake Wars a few times, and there is a girl that won twice with completely vegan recipes, and that is over top of normal recipes with butter and the works. I may have to look into how she makes those. It's making me hungry just thinking about it...

Carla, Darren, and Helen hanging out enjoying the cookie cake.

No comments:

Post a Comment