Sunday, September 9, 2012

Week 1 Progress

Here's the moment I've been waiting for all week! Drum roll, please...

This morning the scale read 252 pounds. While I don't know my exact starting weight, I'm pretty sure it was at least 255, maybe a tiny bit more--let's just say 255. That is a weight loss of 3 lbs in one week. Seeing as I'm supposed to lose 2 lbs per week, I'd say that is a pretty good number!

While the books says to look primarily at the scale, I did decide to take my measurements on day three as well. According to the tape measure, I've lost one inch each off of my hips, bust, and thighs as well as one and a half inches off my waist.

I could tell about my hips and thighs--I can barely get my jeans to stay on, and they are very baggy in the butt, pooch, and thigh areas. I started noticing my waist a little bit, but I was surprised to see so much gone.

I can't tell you how happy I am that this is working! I have tried and failed so many times that I was completely terrified there would be no difference today. So glad to be wrong! I feel like I have a purpose now, and that this isn't crazy after all.

Also, I actually have been feeling a difference in energy. I don't have as hard of a time getting up in the mornings, and I am completely off of coffee now--I had been drinking an average of three cups a day. My whole adult life I've consistantly felt a rather miserable slump at almost exactly 3 o'clock in the afternoon every day, which usually resulted in a nap. I don't feel sleepy at all during the day anymore! It is so nice not to be battling with myself and to have extra time to get things done because I don't need to sleep half way through the day.

Helen asked me last night if after three weeks I would go back to an omnivorous diet. I told her no last night, that I wouldn't, and today I really mean that. I am completely content eating this way, so why change? At the very least this is environmentally healthy, but that isn't just it. This diet has so many perks, and I am not seeing very many downfalls. To be honest, I haven't missed meat, cheese, or dairy once this whole week. And considering that I've still got a whole lot of weight to lose, no, I'm not stopping at three weeks. The only difference after the 21-Day Weight Loss Kickstart will be that I get to make up my own menus.

I can't believe I used to make fun of vegans before this... Just gotta' live and learn!

No comments:

Post a Comment