Saturday, September 1, 2012

The Plan

Alright, here's what is going to happen for the next 21 days:

  • All meat is out. That means chicken and seafood as well. Definitely no steak...

  • All animal by products are not allowed. No milk, no eggs, no yogurt, no ice cream, no mayo, to ranch, no nothing. This I think will be the hardest part.

  • Plant oils need to be greatly reduced. While these are plant-based, they are still fat. I won't be cooking with oil, eating any deep fried, or comsuming too many avocados or olives (though these things and other foods like seeds and nuts are fine in moderation). Fat amounts need to be two grams per serving or less--and that is in realistic servings, not the serving size listed on the package label.

  • I'll be aiming for low glycemic index foods. While all plant products are allowed, I will still be trying to make good choices. Instead of eating a 111 GI baked Russet potato at every meal, I might opt for a 77 GI sweet potato once in a while. Or if I'm feeling extra healthful I can skip potatoes altogether and eat 16 GI raw carrots. With the preset meal plan in 21-Day Weight Loss Kickstart however, all of my food choices are already set out for me. Check it out at www.glycemicindex.com.

  • I will be eating whole grains, legumes, fruits, vegetables, and tubers. Nothing more, nothing less.

Here is the book I've been talking about, which details the meal plan and recipes I will be using:
 
 
 
Also, the documentary Forks Over Knives is available for watching Instantly on Netflix. I highly recommend watching it, even if you do have to cover your eyes at the heart bypass surgery scene (Mother...). Click here to watch with your account now.


No comments:

Post a Comment