Sunday, September 9, 2012

Day 9

Here's what's on the menu for day nine of the 21-Day Weight Loss Kickstart:

Breakfast:
Green Apple Blueberry Oatmeal
Lemon soy yogurt with blueberries

Lunch:
French Onion Sourdough Soup (recipe)
Balsamic Zucchini Sandwich (recipe)
Banana slices

Dinner:
Garden salad
Black refried beans with salsa
Blue corn tortillas
Quinoa Verde (recipe)
Sliced melon
Dan Dan Mian (recipe)?

It's kind of another crazy one. I couldn't find any soy yogurt, so that is out of the picture for breakfast. I didn't love the Green Apple Oatmeal last time, so I'm going to try it with blueberries this time. For lunch I may skip out on the soup--the recipe looks a bit dodgy. Dinner just seems like an unappetizing mess to me, not to mention that I just made quinoa with salsa verde in it yesterday. Why on earth would I make a nearly identical recipe again? I'll pass.

There is a recipe in the book called Dan Dan Mian, a Szechuan noodle dish that I was thinking of making instead, but I am having a hard time finding some of the ingredients. I'm going to head over to an ethnic market after class tomorrow and see if I can find what I need there. Let's some Asian-inspired flavors up in here!

No comments:

Post a Comment