Friday, September 21, 2012

Hakka Noodles

These noodles had the potential to be amazing, but they need a little bit of tinkering with first. I will be experimenting with this dish in the future for sure.

Hakka Noodles

This recipe had a ton of ingredients originally. I pared it down and decided to use just what I had on hand. I used:
  • al dente fettuccine-size rice noodles
  • crushed red pepper
  • carrots
  • napa cabbage
  • onion
  • garlic
  • ginger
  • snow peas
  • bell pepper
  • fresh cilantro
In a separate bowl mix up some ketchup, apple cider vinegar, and soy sauce. This is the part I've got to play with still. Too much ketchup makes the noodles way too rich and overpowering. Dump this on the stir-fried vegetables and mix them up and they are ready to eat.

I'll let you guys know what progress I make on these--they have a lot of potential.

No comments:

Post a Comment